How the UIs work
The Collection Zone and Resource Manager User Interface (UI) functions are served via Zope.
Most data in the CZ/RM UIs are provided by routers.
- Routers perform actions based on JSON objects they receive
- Some of these are get actions to display data
- Some of these are set actions to modify data in the Zope Object Database (ZODB)
What happens when a user loads a page?
Using browser developer tools to see a page-load in action
You can use developer tools in most modern browsers to see router requests being made.
- Most ZODB data shown in the UI comes from a router response
- Most actions performed in the UI leverage a router
- Routers are exposed to provide an external API
- Routers invoke underlying code (facades)