This ZenPack defines reports for Cloud related technologies including Serverless functions.
The following features are added by this ZenPack:
- Reports with graphs for serverless function usage from AWS, Azure, GCP:
- Total functions counts per provider (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Top Functions by Invocation Count
- Top Functions by Average Duration
- Top Functions by Errors Rate
- Top Accounts by Functions Count
At very least, one of the following ZenPacks, should be installed and modeled with related Cloud Functions:
- Microsoft.Azure ZenPack >= 2.1.0
- GoogleCloudPlatform ZenPack >= 1.1.0
- AWS ZenPack >= 5.0.0
In order to generate a report, relevant configuration options have to be defined. These options include:
- Providers: AWS, GCP, Azure. Functions of which providers will be displayed on graphs. It can be selected either one or more.
- Time Range: Metrics will be collected to display graphs for the given time period selected. Time can be selected either from a predefined date ranges or a custom time range.
General troubleshooting steps:
1. Verify that at least one device of provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) is modeled with Cloud Functions.
2. Verify that Cloud Functions metrics are successfully collecting (especially: invocations, execution time, and errors).
The following graphs as a report are included with this ZenPack. It can be found in the Cloud View report organizer.
- Total functions counts per provider (AWS, Azure, and GCP).
- Top Functions by Invocation Count: Shows top 10 functions by invocation count, with the information about provider and account of function.
- Top Functions by Average Duration: Shows top 10 functions by average duration, with the information about provider and account of function. Units of time - seconds.
- Top Functions by Errors Rate: Shows top 10 functions by error rates, with the information about provider, account, errors and invocations count of function. Units of rate - percent.
- Top Accounts by Functions Count: Shows top 10 accounts by functions count, with the information about the provider of account.
- Initial release.
- Tested with Zenoss 6.4.1 and Zenoss Cloud.