Service Impact 5.5.3
This is a bug fix release; there are no new features.
For version information, please see the compatibility matrix on the Release Notes page.
This release supports the following, separate update paths:
- Update from 5.1.x, 5.2.x, or 5.3.x to 5.5.3
- Update from 5.4.x to 5.5.3
- Update from 5.5.0 CA or 5.5.x to 5.5.3
All update paths start at the same page.
The order of steps in the update procedures is crucial. Please review the procedures in advance, and follow the instructions carefully.
- When you change the metatype configuration, the Service Impact database is updated to add or remove nodes. Depending on which items are changed, processing the changes can take 30-90 minutes in very large environments.
- (IMP-740) During a graph update, the
zenimpactgraphscript creates one worker process for each available CPU core. Each worker requires up to 2GB of main memory. Without it, the host where the update is running may become unstable.
- After installing one or more ZenPacks that have updated relationship providers, rebuild the graph. For more information, see Rebuilding the graph database during 5.4.x upgrades.
- (IMP-836) After a metatype configuration change, related service events are not cleared. To work around the issue, remove and then re-add the dynamic service.
|IMP-901||Processing updates from large vSphere environments takes hours, then fails due to timeouts|
|IMP-900||Service is shown as healthy when it should be shown as degraded|
|IMP-888||Production state changes in Resource Manager block Service Impact's API due to blocked Jetty threads|